Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh it's a long time...

This post is not meant to express something. This is being written to come back to the "blogging business" that I started some time back. Because of the kind of schedule I am having or may be I got too lazy to write, I just didn't write and I missed it, regretted it, and longed to come back to it! I read one of my friends blogs today and the love for writing in on here just got rekindled! Thanks to the friend.

Well...now let me tell you about the friend only. His name is Karteek Narumanchi (it is a different matter altogether that i got to know his last name only yesterday, being friends with him for the last six months now). It was shameful I am telling you.

How I became friends with him is something that might interest you coz it generally does when tell people that I met him on the train! And that we talked for about three to four hours on the train.

Now I really don't know how I do that but it's just that may be I meet the right kind of persons all the time.(touchwood!) My friends ask me, each time i talk to a friend over the phone, "Is he the one you met on train?" And many times my answer is "Yes!" Sometimes on the long train journeys, sometimes on local trains or sometimes on bus journeys.

Now I met this particular friend-- Karteek Narumanchi-- on my train journey from Cuttack to Hyderabad. (Now let me also tell you that he is not my first train friend , and that I had made a friend on a train earlier and that he proved to a really good choice). And when you find another good looking, 6"3' tall guy in front of you-- whoever you are you would think if you want to talk to him. But this time I let it be coz you can never be lucky twice so I just decided to let it go. (Coz I know once if I start I wouldn't just stop talking!) But I actually got second time lucky. He started the conversation and within no time we became friends and exchanged e mail ids. And I added to my list of friends another intelligent person

People find it a lot wierd when I tell them that I have two friends that I made on train journeys and one on the bus. They ask me several WEIRD questions like-- "How do you do it?", "Are you crazy?" And I tell them that I am not crazy, it's just that I love to talk to people and that I can stop smiling to a person who is even a little responsive. Smile is one language that is understood by all the people in the world, in spite of the religion they follow, the region they live in and the SEC class they belong to.

When you travel in a local train of Mumbai ( actually i would love to call it Bombay), that is crowded like anything at 5:00 pm in the evening, you don't need to plug in your iPods. I just need to sit and watch and observe people and the people, I tell you, are so interesting. They will tell you something random but worth listening to. This is the ultimate reality one can watch. And I think it is this obsevation and interaction that we need to have to understand people and become cosmoplolitan in it's true nature.

1 comment:

Karteek said...

Thank ya for the compliments ushered on me my first train friend :)
i completely agree with you that there is nothing more interesting and entertaining than knowing and understanding people